11/May/2017: WHiTE5 is 1/3 of the way through recruitment – a quarter of those patients have come from University Hospital Coventry.
28th April 2017:
Queen Alexandra Hospital (Portsmouth) are now open to recruitment!
18th April 2017:
Royal Berkshire Hospital (Reading) are now open to recruitment!
- Study received ethical approval 2nd December and HRA approval 14th December
- Open to recruitment in Coventry 10th March 2017
- REC approval of amendment to add collection of intra-operative blood pressure information
- All Patients, both those with and without capacity, presenting with an AO type 31-B3 (subcapital, displaced, nonimpacted) fracture of the hip.
- Patients younger than 60 years of age
- Patients who are managed non-operatively
- Patients who do not receive hemiarthroplasty (e.g. total hip replacement or internal fixation)